What is Personal Data?
The definition of personal data varies by different laws and regulations established around the world. Generally, personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
It includes your name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, and other information that directly identifies who you are. It also provides information that may be used to identify you uniquely or a device you use, such as a cookie or unique identifier.
What are the privacy principles that GSE follows?
We are committed to our core privacy principles of transparency, consumer control, choice, notice and disclosure, security, and access.
Cookies are small pieces of text sent as files to your computer by the website you are visiting. GSE uses its own cookies to improve your shopping and browsing experience and to allow the site to recognize you as you move from one page to another.
How do you collect personal data from me?
We collect personal data about you in two ways:
- Direct: This includes information you provide to us when registering to receive information on our website, such as when you register to receive a newsletter, etc.
- Automatic: This includes information that is collected automatically, such as when you browse our website or use our services.
What types of personal data do you collect?
In general, we collect the following types of personal data.
- When you browse our websites, we collect the following data from you automatically:
- Information about the browser and device you use to access our website
- The pages you visit, how you got to our site, and how long you stay on our website
- Using cookies and other tracking technologies, we measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns or the email messages you subscribed to
- When you request information or register for a webinar, we collect:
- Your name, job title, company name, email address, country, phone number, and recent web activity
Data collected by GSE’s software products, services, and software are done on behalf of the company or organization that has licensed our software. Details on the personal data collected by GSE Solutions are provided later in these FAQs.
What do you use the data for?
GSE is committed to only collecting and using personal data for lawful purposes. We use your data for the following purposes:
- service and product improvement
- marketing, events, and email promotions
- improve internal operations
- prevent fraud, security, and compliance
What legal bases do you rely on to process my personal data?
GSE relies upon several legal bases to process personal data, including your consent, which is revocable, our performance of a contract that we’ve entered into with you or your business, in compliance to legal obligations, protect the vital interest of an individual, performance of an activity in the public interest, as well as our own legitimate interests a company.
Will GSE share my information with third parties?
We do not sell or rent your personal information, except in the event all or a part of our business is merged, sold, or reorganized.
Hours of Operation:
8:00am – 5:00pm, EST
Monday – Friday
4701 Sangamore Rd Suite 100N
Bethesda, MD 20816-2558
2651 Mccormick Dr, Clearwater, FL 33759