Benefits of Getting Certified:
Because dozens of different states offer the MWBE Certification, the benefits vary depending on the state your entity resides in.
Overall, becoming MWBE Certified will give your business the ability to compete in areas you otherwise would be unable to. Check out some of the general benefits of the certification below:
- Increased visibility
- A percentage of spending dedicated to businesses like yours
- Educational training
- Sole-Source contracts and Set-aside opportunities
- Mentorship programs
- Government buyer connections with subcontracting goals
To be eligible to become MWBE Certified, a firm must be 51% owned, operated, capitalized, and controlled by either a member(s) of a presumed minority group or a woman or a group of women.
More eligibility requirements are:
- United States citizens
- 51% owned, operated, capitalized, and controlled by a member(s) of a presumed minority group or women.
- The top executive officer responsible for managing daily operations has experience in the firm’s primary business specialization.
- Publicly owned businesses may also qualify, but minorities or women must control more than 50 percent of the stock offerings.
- States define “Minority” as people who are African-American, Alaskan Native, American Indian, Asian-American, or Hispanic.
Why GSE is the Firm for You
Learning how to sell successfully to the U.S. government, the world’s largest purchaser of goods and services, can be highly appealing. However, it is accompanied by extensive paperwork and complex nuances.
Choosing the right partner to assist you in taking on the U.S. Government as a client will be the key to your success. At Government Services Exchange, we have the tools and know-how to help you accomplish your goals of growing your business within the Government sector.