Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Overview
Each year, the federal government has a goal to award a minimum of five percent of all contracting budgets to Women-Owned Small Businesses. This opens up the opportunity for thousands of contracts to be handed out to deserving small businesses.
This initiative was born to get more women in the business industry and to give them the opportunities that they have lacked in the past. With the help of a WOSB Certification, women-owned entities can thrive.
If you own a business that is run by 51 percent women, you could qualify for some of that budget. To find out if your business is eligible, fill out our form below, or contact us at any time to receive expert assistance.
The requirements to qualify for a WOSB/EDWOSB Certification can be rigorous. However, the benefits entirely outweigh the difficulties. Once you have been awarded a WOSB/EDWOSB Certification, there are several benefits that your firm will begin to receive. These benefits will set you up to start competing for Government Contracts.
- Decreased competition by gaining access to exclusive bidding rights on WOSB/EDWOSB set-aside solicitations
- Increased visibility in the Government marketplace
- Marketing advantages through government exposure and logo use
- Many city, county, and state governments have WOSB/EDWOSB contracting goals to meet, meaning your business’s increased opportunity.
- Many third-party certifiers host marketing events that your business will receive info to attend
Government Services Exchange has worked with hundreds of businesses to get them correctly Certified. As a business owner, your time and resources are limited. Mistakes on registrations and certifications can result in delays that prohibit you from the Federal Marketplace. Our government certification experts will help save you time and money.
Though eligibility ranges from a case to case basis, there are a few primary qualifications that your business must meet to be eligible for the WOSB Program, including:
- Be a small business
- Be at least 51% owned and controlled by women who are U.S. citizens.
- Have women manage day-to-day operations and also make long-term decisions
- Women-Owned Small Business Logos
- The logos that accompany being a certified WOSB are nationally recognized by consumers.
Displaying the logos on your website, door, and products will bring you a level of marketing that your business may not have been able to reach previously.
Each symbol shows that your Women-Owned Small Business is trusted by the Federal Government and your products worthy of the highest order of commerce.
From our Clients:
“We appreciate the expedience and attention to care and the consistency with follow up. Of course, there always many decisions to be made in business, our entire staff is very pleased to say using Government Services Exchange was one of the good decisions we have made.”
“Just a note to thank Government Services Exchange for a job well done! The team’s expertise and leadership, deserve a bright spotlight! Their excellent guidance for our company, Steel Toad Consulting, is most worthy of attention.”
“GSE offers top-notch quality, service and rates. Everyone one on their staff is very professional, knowledgeable and willing to assist right away. We were not only able to update our current GSA contract, but enhance our opportunities through avenues we were not currently registered for.”
Interested in Government Contracts?
Please fill form below to the best of your knowledge to download Info Guide